Its Homebrew Competition time again!
Our 2018 competition was a right good laugh so we thought we better do it again, its always good to see new and old homebrewers entering beers 🙂 Our competition is open to any homebrewer who can get here with their beer entries on the day of the competition.
This is a Private Homebrewers-Only event and it NOT a public bar, mates, wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends and dogs all welcome so long as accompanied by a responsible-homebrewer 😉
- Brew: Stout or Porter.
- ABV: up to 6%
- Bottles: 3x 500ml Unmarked brown glass bottles.
- Entries: 1 entry per brewer, email your contact details and tell us if you used any speciality ingredients so as to help the judges to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hops & Malts: Entirely the brewers choice.
- Yeast: Entirely the brewers choice.
- On the day: Bottles to be brought to the brewery on the day of competition (NO Postal entries, we want everyone to come and enjoy the social as much as the competition)
- Date & Time: Sat 4th May 2018 Doors open 11am, Bar open from 12.00, Judging starts at 13.00, kickout time around 18.00
- Prizes: We will be presenting engraved tankards and certificates and I dare say there will be prizes too.
Again we will be raising money for charity, have 6 handpulls + 2 Keg lines on our brewery bar so we would like 3-4 homebrewers who want to brew a beer for the bar to be served alongside our own beer, all proceeds from the sale of homebrewed and our own beers will be donated to local charity.
Again we will be doing what we can to bring you some beer & brewing related entertainment from people in the brewing industry. Our Crisp Malt rep will be with us again for all your malt and brewing questions.
You can find us here:
Wishbone Brewery Limited
2A Worth Bridge Industrial Estate
We are a 6min walk from Keighley Railway station and there is a Travel-lodge a similar walk away too for those of you that will be traveling from around the country. Keighley has some great Curry Houses too. We are also on a main bus route with a stop practically at the top of our road.
I’ll update this blog with more details as we confirm things…