This will be the third year we have held the Northern Craft Brewers Homebrew Competition, we had some 34 entries into last years competition, this is a Homebrewers-only Social Event and is NOT open to the general public.
The competition is to be held on Saturday 5th May 2018 and is open to all homebrewers who can bring their bottle entries on the day.
Here is a link to some tips on brewing a NEIPA. You might also note that the new Lallemand yeast ‘New England’ is going on general release from 6th November 2017 if you want to try for that Cloudwater vibe 😉
- Brew: New England IPA, Hazy / Low Bitterness / Juicy.
- Gravity: 1040-1070
- Bottles: 3x 500ml Unmarked brown glass bottles.
- Entries: 1 entry per brewer, email your contact details to email@example.com
- Hops & Malts: Entirely the brewers choice.
- Yeast: Entirely the brewers choice.
- On the day: Bottles to be brought to the brewery on the day of competition (NO Postal entries, we want everyone to come and enjoy the social as much as the competition)
- Date & Time: Sat 5th May 2018 Doors open 11am, Bar open from 12.00, Judging starts at 13.00, kickout time around 18.00
- Prizes: We will be presenting engraved tankards and certificates and I dare say there will be prizes too.
Again we will be raising money for charity, have 6 handpulls on our brewery bar so we would like 3-4 homebrewers who want to brew a beer for the bar to be served alongside our own beer, all proceeds from the sale of homebrewed and our own beers will be donated to local charities.
Again we will be doing what we can to bring your some beer & brewing related entertainment from people in the brewing industry.
We will update this post as we confirm more, cheers