Following on from the success of last year we are again hosting a homebrew competition with the Northern Craft Brewers.
The competition is to be held on Saturday 29th April 2017 and is open to all homebrewers who can bring their bottle entries on the day.
We have just had confirmation that Andy Leman the head brewer from Timothy Taylors will be doing a presentation about their brewery, its history and where they are taking things in the future. So if you haven’t heard about their 10 Barrel trial brewer kit, I’m sure you will.
Thanks once again for the support from Rob at The Malt Miller who will be supporting us and also hear on the day of competition.
- Brew: Fruit IPA
- Gravity: 1040-1070
- Bottles: 3x 500ml Unmarked brown glass bottles
- Entries: 1 entry per brewer, email your contact details + Fruit used to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hops & Malts: Entirely the brewers choice
- Fruit addition: Your brew must contain fruit, how and when you add it is up to you
- Yeast: Its entirely up to the brewer though we suggest a clean fermenting style so that the Fruit & Hops stand out well in your IPA
- On the day: Bottles to be brought to the brewery on the day of competition
- Date & Time: Sat 29th April 2017 Doors open 11am, Bar open from 12.00, Judging starts at 13.00, kickout time around 18.00
- Prizes: (TBC, Vouchers for The malt Miller) though we will be presenting engraved tankards and certificates
Again we will be raising money for local charity, have 6 handpulls on our brewery bar so we would like 3-4 homebrewers who want to brew a beer for the bar to be served alongside our own beer and maybe something from Timmy Taylors (TBC).
We will update this post as we confirm more, cheers