It’s Homebrew Competition time once again!
This year’s Homebrew competition is to brew a Pale Ale up to 6% (Not an IPA), brewers are free to use any hops, malt or yeast. Our competition is open to any homebrewer who can get here with their beer entries on the day of the competition.
This is a Private Homebrewers-Only event and it NOT a public bar, mates, wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends and dogs all welcome so long as accompanied by a responsible-homebrewer 😉
Again we are supported by the most excellent homebrew shop The Malt Miller, we can only thank Rob for his continued support and that means…. Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place!
- Brew: Pale Ale (Not an IPA) We are wanting a balanced beer
- ABV: up to 6%
- Bottles: 3x 500ml Unmarked brown glass bottles (No Swing tops please)
- Entries: 1 entry per brewer, email your contact details and tell us if you used any speciality ingredients so as to help the judges to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hops & Malts: Entirely the brewers choice
- Yeast: Entirely the brewers choice
- Date & Time: Sat 16th May 2020 Doors open 11am, Bar open from 12.00, Judging starts at 13.00, kickout time around 18.00
- On the day: Bottles to be brought to the brewery between 11.00 & 12.45 on the day of competition (NO Postal entries, we want everyone to come and enjoy the social as much as the competition)
- Prizes: We will be presenting engraved tankards and certificates and there will be Malt Miller Gift Vouchers too
Again we will be raising money for charity, have 6 handpulls + 2 Keg lines on our brewery bar so we would like 3-4 homebrewers who want to brew a beer for the bar to be served alongside our own beer, all proceeds from the sale of homebrewed and our own beers will be donated to local charity.
Again we will be doing what we can to bring you some beer & brewing related entertainment from people in the brewing industry.
You can find us here:
Wishbone Brewery Limited
2A Worth Bridge Industrial Estate
We are a 6min walk from Keighley Railway station and there is a Travel-lodge a similar walk away too for those of you that will be traveling from around the country. Keighley has some great Curry Houses too. We are also on a main bus route with a stop practically at the top of our road.
I’ll update this blog with more details as we confirm things…